Are you getting ready to go to the beach and looking out for new sunglasses to protect your eyes? Are you going on a road trip and need some sunglasses to help with the bright sun? When looking for sunglasses, you’re likely to come across some Oakley options, but the company also sells prescription eyeglasses.
UV-protected sunglasses are the ideal way to maintain your eyes safe and healthy from the sun’s harmful rays. When it comes to sunglasses, sacrificing quality can result in less sun protection – which can eventually cause long-term eye problems.
Sunglasses not only reduce the amount of bright sunlight that can make it difficult to see when working or playing outside, but they should also hinder 100% of the UVA and UVB light hitting your eyes. Your eyes can rapidly build photokeratitis – a painful “sunburn” on the external surface of the eye – if you do not wear quality sunglasses that provide adequate UV protection. Long-term sun exposure without top-notch sunglasses can result in severe harm, which includes multiple types of eye cancer. You may be putting your eyes at risk if you work outside or are constantly exposed to Ultraviolet radiation without the protection of a decent quality pair of sunglasses.
Another issue to consider is the lens’s quality. Many UV-protected sunglasses are made with low-quality plastics that exhibit waves, distortions, and poor colour transmission. You are usually harsher on sunglasses than on regular glasses, so keep this in mind when selecting the type of frame and material. Designer sunglasses, as opposed to storing brand sunglasses, are built to last.
When shopping for sunglasses, go to an optometrist’s office with knowledgeable opticians. They can find the appropriate colour and glare protection for various activities. Skiing and water sports necessitate very different lens colours and glare protection. Polarized sunglasses should not be worn by pilots because they can distort the instrument panel.
Fortunately, modern sunglasses from leading suppliers provide excellent protection while remaining fashionable. Oakley sunglasses are often regarded as the best sunglasses for sports activities. They are made of high-quality composite materials and are highly resilient. Oakley’s exciting wrap-around styles offer excellent protection from the sun and are ideal for an active lifestyle.
With so many eyewear options on the market, you may have some questions about Oakley’s offerings: What distinguishes them, if anything? How much should you budget for? Where can you locate them?
Here’s the lowdown on Oakley sunglasses.
James Jannard founded the Oakey brand in 1975, and the company has gained prominence for producing high-performance sports equipment and innovating. They began producing sunglasses for athletes with unique designs and high-tech materials. Oakley’s revved-up sunglasses are not only exceptionally popular, but they also include patent lens technologies. Oakley provides the best sunglasses in the hottest trends and colours, allowing you to enjoy outdoor activities in comfort.
Oakley’s streamlined style and logo are easily identifiable, as they are presumably best remembered for their sunglasses and eyewear for athletes. Many athletes prefer the brand because of the frame grips, which help keep the glasses in place.
Oakley has dozens of different frames available in men’s, women’s, and children’s styles. There are full-rim, semi-rim, and rimless options available in a variety of frame shapes. Furthermore, the company’s lenses come in a variety of tints and protective layers.
Many of their frames are available in two fit styles, which they refer to as “standard” and “Asian.” The “Asian” fit has frames with a lower profile.
Cleaning kits, goggles, and shields are also available from Oakley to help protect your glasses and face.
Upsides and downsides of Oakley
- well-known brand and long-established company
- comfortable grips to keep glasses secured on your face
- can be bought at many different locations
- lots of fake versions and knock-offs on the market
- high cost
- many customer service complaints
How much do Oakley eyeglasses cost?
Without any discounts, you can expect to pay between $140 and $340 for a pair of Oakley eyeglasses. You could spend up to $450 on your new glasses if you include the cost of prescription lenses.
This is comparable to, if not slightly less than, the price of many other designer brands.
Where can you buy Oakley eyeglasses?
Because there are counterfeit Oakley glasses on the market, you should buy a pair from a reputable retailer.
Purchasing Oakley eyeglasses from your optometrist is one way to accomplish this.
While purchasing glasses from an optometrist may be a little more expensive, you will be supporting a local retailer. An optometrist can also perform a routine eye exam to check for and diagnose any eye conditions, as well as provide a prescription for eyeglasses.
It’s worth noting that you can sometimes find discounts on lenses or frames to help you save money.
In addition to purchasing from your local optometrist, you can use the Oakley website’s store locator to find Oakley retail locations or other brick-and-mortar stores in your area that sell official Oakley eyeglasses.
Alternatively, Oakley eyeglasses can be purchased from their official website. Deals are frequently available, and your glasses can be shipped directly to you.
Just keep in mind that navigating the website and selecting or editing options on eyeglasses isn’t always simple.
A word of caution when purchasing glasses online
When purchasing Oakley sunglasses online, keep in mind that you may still need to take them to your local optometrist or eyewear retailer to have them sized to your face.
Also, if you want to buy prescription lenses, you must provide a valid, up-to-date eyeglass prescription.
While Oakley is not a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the organisation has given them a F rating. Oakley has a 1.07 out of 5-star rating based on 44 customer reviews. In addition, the company has closed 128 complaints in the last three years and 54 complaints in the last 12 months.
The Trustpilot rating for Oakley is very similar. Oakley has 410 customer reviews and a 1.04 out of 5-star rating, with 83% of them giving the company a 1-star rating.
Some of the negative feedback concerns the quality of the glasses received, but the majority of comments concern customer service, refunds, and shipping issues when purchasing from the Oakley website.
A class-action lawsuit has also been filed against Luxottica of America, Inc., which licences and manufactures Oakley products. According to the lawsuit, the company failed to adequately protect customer information from data breaches.
Alternatives for Oakley eyeglasses
These glasses are very similar to Oakley glasses in price, but they have a slightly different look, with more rounded and aviator shapes.
Ray-Ban, like Oakley, is best known for their sunglasses, but they also have a line of eyeglasses. Ray-Ban and Oakley have long been rivals, and both are well-established, well-known glasses manufacturers. Luxottica now owns both companies.
Bollé is a company that specialises in athletic protective equipment. If you’re looking for protective sports glasses and goggles that look different than those sold by Oakley, these designs are of comparable quality and are a similarly priced option with a slightly different look.
If you’re more concerned with the price and variety of available styles, a company like Liingo may be a better fit.
Their website is constantly being updated with new frames. Furthermore, the company sends frames to your home so you can try them on before making a purchase. It’s worth noting that there’s also a virtual try-on option if that’s more convenient for you.
Liingo does not sell designer frames, and basic lenses are included in the price, so purchasing eyeglasses from the company can save you $300.
Should you buy Oakley sunglasses?
Purchasing sunglasses can appear to be more of a chore than it is. If you’re debating whether or not to purchase a pair of Oakley sunglasses, you may be wondering if Oakley sunglasses are worth the price and what you get for the money.
It’s up to you to decide whether Oakley sunglasses are right for you, but there’s no denying that the company makes high-quality eyewear. More information about Oakley sunglasses is provided below to assist you in making your decision.
What’s great about Oakley sunglasses
There are numerous features of Oakley sunglasses that make their high price tag worthwhile.
1. Superior lens technology
High-definition optics (HDO) are used in the lenses of all Oakley sunglasses. Through sunglasses, HDO lenses provide the sharpest, clearest, and most accurate vision possible. This is especially important when participating in sports, which is why so many professional athletes wear Oakley sunglasses. You don’t have to be a sports fan to appreciate these sunglasses. HDO lenses also enhance the appearance of everyday activities.
Other lens technologies are available in addition to the high-definition optics found in all Oakley lenses. Many Oakley sunglasses, for example, including the Oakley Turbine Rotor Sunglasses, are available with Prizm lenses. These provide more vibrant colours, improved depth perception, and more defined detail. Prizm lenses are available for a variety of activities and situations, including everyday wear, driving, golf, baseball, trails, and low light.
Even without Prizm lenses, different Oakley lens colours are appropriate for different situations. For example, the black iridium lenses available on the Oakley Sliver XL Aero Grid Sunglasses are excellent for all-purpose use in bright conditions. The G30 lenses, on the other hand, increase contrast in blue and green hues, making them ideal for golf.
2. A diverse range of frame styles
When you think of Oakley sunglasses, you may think of the company’s sportier styles, such as the Radar Ev Path Sunglasses. They are also available in more traditional shapes, such as the Feedback Aviator Gradient Sunglasses, which have a simple aviator style, and the Frogskins Mix Woodgrain Sunglasses, which have a retro ’80s vibe, similar to the wayfarer shape.
Most buyers will be able to find Oakley sunglasses that they adore. While people of any gender can wear any style of Oakley sunglasses they want, smaller and larger frames are available to ensure a good fit.
3. Impressive durability
When you buy cheap sunglasses, you may find that an arm falls off or the paint on the frames begins to flake after a few months of use. Oakley sunglasses, on the other hand, are well-crafted and long-lasting.
It’s still possible to break or damage your Oakley sunglasses if you don’t take proper care of them, but if you do, they should last a long time. Oakley provides a two-year warranty on any manufacturing or material defects, so you can get a replacement pair if your sunglasses wear out sooner than expected due to no fault of your own.
What you should consider about Oakley sunglasses
Oakley makes high-quality sunglasses, but there are some drawbacks to consider before purchasing.
Sporty fashion is not for everyone
As previously stated, Oakley manufactures a wide range of frame styles; it is best known for its sportier and more futuristic-looking sunglasses. Some people adore signature Oakley looks, while others despise them. If you prefer a more traditional look, you will have more options, but they will be more limited.
They are not inexpensive
Some Oakley sunglasses start around $65, but the majority cost more than $100. The most expensive options cost more than $200. If you’re used to buying $10 sunglasses, this may seem like a large sum of money to spend. While you get what you pay for in terms of quality, not everyone can afford to buy Oakley sunglasses. If you frequently lose your sunglasses, you may want to reconsider spending too much money.
Are Oakley sunglasses really worth it?
Oakley sunglasses are worth the investment, but it all depends on your budget and preferences. They have a wide variety of frame shapes available, ranging from classic to futuristic. Their lens technology is unrivalled for outdoor sports, but you don’t have to be an athlete to benefit from it. They aren’t the cheapest shades available, but if you have the money, they’re well worth it.
10 Reasons to Choose Oakley Sunglasses and Safety Glasses
Oakley is synonymous with both sports and luxury eyewear. When well-known people wear Oakley sunglasses, such as Prince William and Kate, Jennifer Aniston, and even Cyclops (James Marsden) in X-Men 3, one might think that the famous are once again dictating fashion. Oakley eyewear, on the other hand, is much more than just a fashion statement. The product’s quality and standards make it worth the price, and there are a plethora of options available for anyone to find the perfect safety glasses and sunglasses. In many cases, a person can wear the same pair of sunglasses for both sun protection and protection!
There are numerous reasons to choose Oakley eyewear. The characteristics required for a good pair of sunglasses and safety glasses are the same characteristics found behind the name Oakley. Naming every feature available in the numerous Oakley sunglasses and safety glasses would be tedious for the reader, so research to find the best combinations of options to suit individual tastes is essential.
Top 10 reasons to wear Oakley Sunglasses and Safety Glasses:
- Unrivaled research and technology are demonstrated by perfectly balanced 3-point frames that provide stability, comfort, and maximum optical alignment. Oakley frames help to make vision as sharp and accurate as possible while also eliminating pressure points that are common with standard frames.
- Lenses with High Definition Optics® (HDO) provide a clearer, sharper image. This technology also keeps dust and moisture away from the lens.
- All Oakley glasses have been tested to exceed the most stringent ANSI high-velocity impact tests. However, for safety compliance, only the Industrial M-Frame and the SI M-Frame are Z78.1 stamped. The M-Frames also meet the requirements of Canada’s CSA standards.
- All lenses completely block harmful UVA, UVB, UVC, and blue light. In fact, rather than being provided as a coating that may wear away over time, this protection is filtered through the lens.
- Lens and frame colour options are available with almost every style. Some lines, such as SwitchLock, allow wearers to quickly change lenses for maximum visibility in a variety of situations.
- Polarized, iridium, and polarized/iridium lenses are available. Polarized lenses reduce bouncing glare from other surfaces, while iridium is a coating that reduces individual light waves while enhancing others. Models like the Polarized Flak Jacket XLJ benefit from the reduced glare as a result, making them ideal for sports like fishing.
- Elegant and fashionable, with a wide range of cuts and styles to suit everyone’s preferences. Oakley sunglasses have a universal style that makes them suitable for both men and women.
There are a variety of activity-specific models available. For example, the Fast Jacket line is ideal for tennis, whereas the Radar Range Golf Specific models are clearly designed for golfers. Furthermore, some models are suitable for any activity, such as the Radar XL Blades, which offer benefits to everyone from baseball players to triathletes.
- Some models include a hydrophobic coating that prevents rain and sweat from accumulating on the lens. This coating also acts as a smudge-resistant barrier against skin oils, lotions, and sunscreens, as well as repelling dust.
- Oakley extends clarity across lens contours that open peripheral vision and improve side protection against sun, wind, and impact in sports such as skiing and target shooting.
Oakley has earned their reputation for quality
Oakley eyewear has become popular among elite athletes in a variety of sports, as well as royalty and Hollywood stars. Individuals such as Lance Armstrong and 52 Winter Olympics medalists choose Oakley because of the product behind the name. Even the 33 Chilean miners who were rescued after being trapped in a mine for 17 days in 2010 were given Oakley Sunglasses to protect their eyes because “medics had warned of damage to the miners’ retinas when they reached daylight after such a long time underground.” Add to that the fact that Oakley is increasingly being worn by military personnel, and it is clear that Oakley is a brand seen all over the world for reasons other than fashion.
5 Best Oakley Sunglasses Sports in 2022
- Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ Replacement Lenses Sports Sunglass, Black Iridium Polarized, 63 mm
- Official Oakley replacement lenses that fit all Flak Jacket XLJ sunglasses
- Plutonite lenses that offer UV protection to filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mmm, while maintaining superior comfort, clarity & protection against impact and ultraviolet radiation
- Oakley Men’s Radar Ev Path 920873 Sunglasses, (0OO9208| Polished White/PrizmSapphire Iridium)
- Lens width: 138 mm, Bridge width:0 mm, Temple Length: 128 mm
- Oakley Sport Performance Sunglasses
- Oakley Men’s Rectangular Sunglasses (Black Frame, Grey Lens) (Small)
- Fit Type: Universal
- Three-Point Fit Provides Comfort And Performance That Holds Lenses In Precise Optical Alignment.
- Each Pair Of Sunglasses Comes With A Case And Lens Cloth To Clean And Protect Them From Scratches And Damage.
- Sutro Sunglasses
- Made In USA
- Lens width : 37 Mm, Bridge Width : 14 Mm, Temple Length : 140 Mm. Oakley Plutonite Lenses Provide 100% Uv Protection Filtering Of All Uva, Uvb, Uvc And Harmful Blue Light Up To 400 Mm. Plutonite Lens Material Offers Superior Comfort, Clarity & Protection Against Impact And Ultraviolet Radiation
- Oakley Radarlock Path Replacement Lenses Sports Sunglass, Prizm Ruby Iridium, One Size
- Official Oakley replacement lenses that fits all Radarlock Path sunglasses
- Prizm replacement lenses provide unprecedented control of light transmission resulting in colours precisely tuned to maximize contrast and enhance visibility with the impact resistance and 100% UV filtering of Oakley’s High Definition Optics (HDO).
- Oakley PRIZM Square Latch Beta Sunglasses( 0OO9436| 54 mm |PRIZM Tungsten)
- Lens width: 54 mm, Bridge width:18 mm, Temple Length: 140 mm
- Oakley Performance Lifestyle Sunglasses
Oakley eyeglasses are popular among athletes due to the technology integrated into their frames and the attention the company pays to perfect the grips on their glasses.
If you spend a lot of time outdoors, Oakley’s lenses come in a variety of tint and polarised options, which sets them apart from other eyeglass retailers.
However, if you’re looking for the cheapest frames, Oakley isn’t your best bet. However, retailers such as FramesDirect or online coupons may make them more affordable.
Oakley does not receive high marks for customer service when glasses are purchased through its website. If you value dependable customer service, consider shopping from an optometrist, a local brick-and-mortar store, or another online retailer.